What are luxurious twillys? Where does the name “twilly” come from? And how do you wear one? If these are all questions you would like answers to, you are in the right place. Here, we give you the full run-down on luxurious twillys, how to wear them to enhance your look, and where you can buy some top-quality luxurious twillys.
What is a twilly?
A twilly is a long, narrow scarf made entirely from silk. Twillys are incredibly versatile and can be used as a neck scarf, hair accessory, or a bag charm, for example. Because it is made from 100% silk, it will feel lovely and soft against your skin or hair.
Why is it called a twilly?
The name twilly comes from the word twill, the weaving technique used for these types of soft and draping fabrics. But where does the word twill come from? It comes from the Old English word twili, which means “woven with double thread”, which comes from the Latin root bilix, meaning “with a double thread”.
How do you wear luxurious twillys?
There are various ways you can wear a luxurious twilly; they are so versatile. For example:
- Hair accessory – there are several ways you can do this, for example, slipping it through your hair elastic and letting it dangle, tying it in a cute bow, or wearing it as a headband.
- Neck scarf – you can tie it around your neck in various ways, such as in a bow, a simple knot, or a loop. Or, if you want to get more creative, why not tie two twillys together?
- Hat ribbon – give your hat that added spice by tying a twilly around its base.
- Bag charm – add an extra element of style to your handbag by tying the twilly onto an O-ring and attaching it to the bag like a keyring.
- Bracelet – this is a bracelet with extra style. Soft and silky, it’s not your average bracelet.
Are you looking for luxurious twillys?
At Laslett England, we have several luxurious twillys for you to choose from, all made from 100% silk twill. For example:
So, there you go. When it comes to luxury twillys, look no further. Whether you are looking for a soft and silky scarf as part of a casual look or just want to compliment a refined, smart outfit, a luxurious twilly is an ideal choice for any occasion.